Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What if didn't know an artist was meant to 'create' 'art'?

What if I were to think 'art' was just paying attention?

What if I were to forget to think about 'art' constantly?

What if I only had a vague idea about 'art', but didn't know the conventions that told me I was in its presence or was making it?

What if I were digging a hole? Would that be 'art'?

What if I didn't know about audiences or publicity? What if I were to just go to work? Would that not be 'art'?

What if I didn't realize that 'art' happened at certain times and in certain places?

What if I were to lie in bed imagining things at four in the morning? Would that be the wrong time and place for 'art'?

What if I weren't aware that 'art' was considered more marvelous than life?

posted by the cellist

No comments: