Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Way Out.


Gail managed to stop Ken's bleeding by tying her shirt around his face. The wound wasn't as bad as it looked. The bullet had entered his open mouth as he was blazing away, blasted a tooth, grazed the jawline and exited the cheek. He was going to be OK. Pain was another issue. The five of them trudged on through the sewer muck. Sheila had gone ahead, and soon they heard her call out from ahead... "LIGHT!" As they made their way to her, they could see her standing in a shaft of light. There it was, the way out.

6 comments:

C said...

This does not surprise me in the least. I knew Sheila would be attracted to the shaft. God help the person who tries to stand between it and her.

GuTTer MuNKi said...

Luckily for Sheila, she's dealing with a "light" shaft. She can devour as many "light" shafts as she wants without worrying about her "girlish" figure.

C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C said...

Oooooooohhhhh! Come kick his ass, "girl". You know you want to. C'mon!!

Is your life lacking in shafts, lately, that you would have to seek a new one? Just wondering.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate said...

in the words of a batch of immortal songsmiths,

"Like an angel, standing in a shaft of light
Rising up to paradise, I know Im gonna shine.

My time coming, any day, dont worry about me, no
Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so"

Sheila Shigley said...

Who am I?
I am I.
Who are you?
You are me!
Why can't I get it straight?
No!
Why can't I see it straight?
Shaft!
We can't let you,
we can't let you go.
Shaft! Shaft! Shaft! Shaft!
I'll get a new one, then!
(Incubus)